Monday, December 15, 2008

TWILIGHT & the blah-blahs

i shall not conceal my obsession in TWILIGHT or NEW MOON, OR ECLIPSE or BREAK of DAWN.... you know lah, all the series by Stephanie Meyer.

but am i ashamed of joining the pack of pattinson-crazy fan girls in the frenzy? NO. I'm actually more besotted with EDWARD CULLEN, the supposedly ultra desirable being that Bella Swan fell head over heals with. How can anyone, or any human being be so utterly close to perfection without trying? of cus lah, nobody. cus even HE is not human, he's a vampire. haha. you know i get rhetoric when i talk about things like that. you can tune-out if you feel the slightest intolerance. =)

so you see, i don't pretend to be sophisticated at my age, reading a book to feel justified. it's kinda stupid though i do admit it's a bit embarrasing to read the book in public. but thanks to my sister, she bought the rest of the series in their originals, w/o the movie illustration on the cover. i had a hard time today, in the bus, on my way to the airport to receive SimG, and back, trying to conceal the cover with a bookmark. luckily everyone in the bus were either too tired snoozing away, or were too indifferent. and guess what, like all other great minds, my JM dearest is also reading the book! you see, i can't emphasize more how our sisterhood is meant to be. we're simply on the same page w/o even trying.

okay so i'm back from the airport and all the way feeling a lil grumpy about the hiding-my-cover part and also the fact that i had to carry the dumb plastic bag of popeye meal for my sister. and on the way back i suddenly had a resolution:

I SHALL TRY TO NOT BE MEAN as aperson.


i know...i know.... it's not going to be easy. and whoever reads this shall eye me down my every word from now on. i say i'll try so don't expect too much. not that i am a mean person also, just that i wana try to be nicer and less judgemental, meaning less partial and stuff.... i know my previous entry wasn't exactly a good start. i'm not apologetic though (HAHAHAHA) cus it's meant to be a resolution for next sem. or YEAR for that matter.

another news: my dad's business partner/friend from Holland is coming over with his family. i hope he doesnt force me to play host again though their two ang-mo sons are quite cute, at least the elder one lah (what i heard from them apparently) i really don't like playing tour-guide man. it's quite tough especially for a place like sg. where do we go next? the zoo? Oh here you are the 2 tigers that killed a man right there a month ago! how amusing. that'll work i hope. lol.

No comments: