Friday, August 18, 2006

my first week in NUS

Back to a DIFFERENT school....

today's a day off for me!! yay~ i know many of my friends try damn hard to make their fridays free but some of their timetables just clash...so too bad. mine wasn't deliberate though. haha. i was just lucky!

i know i shouldn't slack so i'm staying at home to do all my readings today! at least i'll try lah... haha.

the first week's OK for me besides the shitty fact tt i had to attend 2 lectures on my own. Geminis are not loners so can you imagine how torturous it was for me? actually not exactly that tormenting lah, but it's just sianz and boring and very -duh- u know? hai~ but if i see it in a more positive way, it's like training myself to be more independent and focused.

the first lecture [which i attended alone] was 'Govt and poiltics in S'pore'. okok....i can imagine the 'HUHs' and the 'EEEEEs' already... thanks alot. i kinda regret it lah, the course pack was so thick and expensive. if i drop it, my dad will nag at me FOR SURE. but the more important thing is, if i let myself dodge another obstacle again....i'm really a big loser. i have to confront it this time no matter what. YES!!!
Loneliness is not an excuse...or is it?

Soci was damn inetersting lah...we learnt breifly about suicides....there are actually many types of suicides n all...and the sociology of dating...how cool is that?! lol. k it's just interesting lah. Communications and new media was ok, though we didn't learn much in the first lecture. the lecturer was quite fun and humourous.

now, for the other module i took alone....Chinese Tradition.... i know i know...worst than the govt poiltics. let me just emphasize it again, i have not much of a choice. okay, not like it was that dreadful lah...it was kinda interesting, really. i'm also not trying to console myself but i really found it ok after all...lol. AND it wasn't taught in chinese!!! i know how shallow people can be when the word CHINESE is in the picture. for god's sake there's nothing wrong with it!!!!

As for japANESE studies....i've learnt that it's racist and rude to use the word 'JAP'. it's like an insult to all japanese and we may get a fat zero if we ever use it in tutorials or as an abreviation in writing. hmm....i wonder if Americans get sent out of class for using the word 'chinks' on chinese. and to think that the lecturer who said that was an american too...

did i also mention i hate crowded canteens? no? YES! i hate crowded canteens.......bleah~

No comments: