Thursday, May 04, 2006

ordinary day

no work today.

i woke up at 10.56 in the morning cus i couldn't stand the smell coming from the kitchen. my maid was probably frying some stuff. that's like the most bothering smell in the morning. i woke up partly because i felt kinda guilty for enjoying too much air-con. our bills are inflating like a balloon i heard, so i better not contribute any more to it since i dont bring money home every month.
instead of slacking my day away, a certain sense of responsibility overwhelmed me and i knew that i can't possibly waste my time away. since school's gonna start after such a long break, i gotta keep up with knowledge. you don't wana lose out and go "uh...." when ur schoolmates engage in a convo right? besides, some jc students can be real scary.....they sort of make you feel dumb sometimes.
so i read a lot [ my a lot meant more than what i usually read] lol....but the surprising thing was, i didn't take it much as a chore, i read more outta interest...probably spurred by the recent election rallies...
talking about rallies, nee soon central had a rally yesterday....it was kinda predicted that more people turn up for the WP's rally than the PAP's. the numbers weren't made up of genuine support i reckon. the huge turn-out on the WP's side was more generated by curiosity and pure look-see attitude. to think that me and my mum actually went for it too for merely 20mins. i better not comment further on that except for the itch i had on my feet for standing on the disgusting field.
so i read the papers and then laid on the couch for sometime. i didn't want to do more reading cus it'll just bore me to death on such a lazy day. i'm not the kinda bookish person like my sis. no matter how interesting the materials are, i just won't go on and on for the whole day. unlike my sis, who can actually finish harrypotter in like 2 days....i simply can't.
that's why i settled for math instead. lol i'm by no means trying to catch up with my less than plaudable grades in sec sch but i had to complete the math papers in order to tutor my student.
math is still, like a pain in the ass to me.....though i can get the qns right...i'm taken aback by how difficult the P6 qns are now...i can't imagine that 10 yrs down the road, my kids will have to undergo the same, if not, worse fate than this.
now, i found myself positioned comfortably before the laptop, writing this piece of long winded essay which is nothing close to a masterpiece. i call it professional-crapping... i'm writing this cus i have nothing much to do before 4.30 [my tuition], and cus i haven been updating. the stuff i wrote these days are pretty general and nothing much of what i was doing recently.
now you know......i'm boring.
btw, i haven accept any of the varsities yet...but most probably, it will be NUS.
and one more thing, my phone's dying on me.....ANYTIME.

No comments: