Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thanks uncle, but i'm not pregnant.

....this is exactly what i wanted to tell this nice uncle who offered me a seat on the train. just when you thought all kind hearted considerate souls are dead, there's still a handful of pleasant people around.

but the problem is this:

1) I'M NOT PREGNANT AND I CERTAINLY DON'T LOOK LIKE IT (i was wearing this sleeveless top which is kinda tight, shorts and my tummy was FLAT.)

2) I'M NOT OLD AND I DON'T LOOK SICKLY.

3) I HAVEN'T BROKE ANY BONES ON MY BODY. (and even if i did, it's not like anyone can figure out)


i can only think that the uncle is being gentlemenly...for offering me a seat. of cus i didn't take it considering i'm alighting the next stop. so i just smiled slightly at him and refused.

of cus there're probably tonnes of inconsiderate people around not only in trains but in buses and other public places as well.....you can only thank god that you're not one of them. posting pictures online isn't very heroic either. if it really bothers you so much or maybe your instincts are really crying out loud for you to do the right thing, why don't you call the police or tell the people off right away? i'm sure all of us did commit in inconsiderate behaviour consciously or subconsciously but it's not so severe as to be humiliated for it right? maybe they'll feel a great sense of achievement for doing it or maybe they thought they've done society a huge favour but if you look at it in a different way, the method is a bit unethical.

i've also dissed people whom i think are horrible but now when i think back, i should just feel lucky that i don't behave like them. thank god i have a good mind, my parents teach me well. though i can't gaurantee that i won't be irritated by these people again, at least i won't go into drastic methods like naming people, posting their pictures or use degratory terms on them. seriously, how much can a picture tell? in case you all are wondering, i'm refering to the new paper headlines today. my dad always tell me that manners are taught, no one's born with it. so what if people are born innocent? innocence is a form of ignorance and ignorance causes inconvenience to others. that's why you can only feel sorry for them........



No comments: