Saturday, October 06, 2007

my DEADLY weakness

this is the time of the month man...every month, where i see $$$ in my bank account, where i open my wallet and imagine how neglected my card is sitting in the cardslot.

....this is just one of my ultimate weaknesses. i don't have many, really. but this is a "lethal" one, as my parents always put it.

***and glynis lee, you're not helping at all..cus i've been diligently jotting down all the clothes i wana buy from the URLs on your blog.....i'm going crazy man..LOL***

luckily for them, only their eldest daughter [ME], has this issue of spending uncontrallably on shopping...sometimes, even mindlessly. lol. but it's not like my sister's a better at financial management.

To me, she's a whole different story. i'll let you judge on this:

she scrimps and saves [and she can do it like REAL quickly and effeciently], on what? on a bloody NINTENDO DS. *rolls eyes*. i can never understand this, just as she couldn't understand why i have to powder my face.

...she's the kind who can spend 20 bucks on a scoop of HIGH END ice cream [i'd rather spend it on a brandless top even if it meant that i may only wear it twice and leave it to rot in my wardrobe] .

we're the same in some ways though, at least our shopping 'principles'....

RULE #1: NEVER show our parents what we buy. it's equivalent to digging your own grave. She has to like secretly play with her DS in a corner of the room or when my dad's not home...and me, on the other hand, tip toes back into my room the moment i step into the house after a shopping spree, just so my mom won't flip when sees the shopping bags.

RULE #2: "NOT I BUY ONE" though this may not work everytime, it works the best during your birthday month. lol..or a month before or after. it works even better if you have a world of friends..i don't like to call it an excuse, rather, it gives me more CREDIBLE reason to shop. WAHAHAHAHA...

RULE #3: EAT LESS, EAT CHEAP. this, is something which my sister can never match up to me if you know what a choosey and extravagant person she is when it comes to food. think Jiayi n Glynis can totally feel the same.

i don't know what hell of a mentality those are, but they're all etched in my brain already. if you ignore the times they didn't work, you'll find them actually quite useful. HAHA. SHOPPING is LIFE and BUYING is a necessity, if you ask me lah. lol....

of cus i do exercise restrain now and then...and i feel uber proud of myself when i step out of a shop without buying anything. BUT, it's by far the most torturous thing to do in my opinion. it's like an emotional TUG-OF-WAR if you know what i mean. sometimes i feel like i have a disease or something..like why can't i just stop buying????

i can't possibly ask "why can't designers stop designing nice clothes" right? and man....how i HATE window shopping. the feeling's just like you wana pee very badly but there's no toilet around.

so i've came to a conclusion, and a VISION for my sister and i. HAHA.

One: either we marry ourselves to some RICH, balding MILLIONAIRE, [so that she has a lifetime of gourmet FOOD served on her mile-long dining table, and i'll have a mile-long list of VIP memebrships to all the high-end fashion boutiques.]

or

Two: we slog our way up the corprate ladder and strut in sky-high Jimmy Choos and our crisply ironed YSL tuxedos [with the money we earn ourselves].

both are pretty unlikely...at least for me...but whether or not i'm gonna be a successful woman next time, i will STILL BUY THAT PAIR OF SKY HIGH JIMMY CHOOs! [cus i'm short] wahahahahhahahaaaa.....

No comments: