Monday, November 05, 2007

let's talk about FAIRNESS

When was the last time you wonder to yourself why your life is so unfair?

think for me, it was 2 weeks ago when i saw this average looking vietnam woman pay for an LV bag with a stack of hundred dollar bills [and a SHINY piece of Platinum card in her wallet]. THIS, in all SHALLOWNESS spells U.N.F.A.I.R to me at that moment.

but immediately after that sinful thought, i felt guilty. Not cus i of the consolation for having a titanium card in my wallet, but i know it is just WRONG.

sometimes i do lament about how boring or hectic my life is, and my occasional suayness when my luck hits rock-bottom....but at least i'm eating well, living well, and don't have to worry about my tomorrows.

if i were to say life's a bitch, then i might as well call myself one... a lot of times, it's the way you see things. many people tell me i look damn carefree, the truth is, i have my problems too....and if you really now me well enough, i don't cope well. and sometimes, i choose to indulge in that sickening cycle of whining-moodswings-whining...it never ends..and what i realise is that it not only takes a toll on me, it also affects the people i care about.

what i'm trying to say is, life has never been fair; but it gives you choices.

i can choose to marry a rich man and be like that vietnam woman; i can also choose to work my arse off the conventional way to be rich enough to own my own platinum card. similarly, i can also choose to deal with my problems in a positive way; or i can let my emotions get the better of me and annoy everyone around me.

i know it's easier said than done. but if you can compare yourself with people you deem better off than you are, then you should also do so for those unfortunate ones you subconsciously refuse to acknowledge.

the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side; her life is always better than mine; her shoes are so pretty; why can't my boyfriend be like that?

now i think about it, i don't have to fight with my own pride and sell curry puffs along the corridoors of a HDB block and run to hide when my classmates see me. i don't have to literally fight with kids who laugh at how poor i am. and i definitely won't have to get first in class just so i could have a slice of chocolate cake as a reward because i've NEVER tasted cake in my entire life.

..all these he did, but my dad never really contested whether or not his life is fair. he always tells me i'm lucky, but back then i was too young to realise. Now, when i look at him, he always reminds me of how bloody fair my life is.

SO, Life's actually very fair because it offers choices, so you just have to make the right ones. like, how unfair can your life be when you get to dl free songs online?!

No comments: